Monday, June 13, 2005

not working for you?

So, it turns out that if you have the "always remember password" firefox extension from roachfiend.com installed, busmonster (and google maps, in general) will not work. Just so you know.

While I'm on the subject of problems with busmonster, let me remind you that this site *just* went live and is bound to have problems over the next few days/weeks. Also, I realize there are some user interface issues that I'll hopefully be improving upon over time.

The first interface issue I've noticed is that people like to append their search queries with "Seattle, WA". This is handled poorly by the Metro's Trip Planner (even though it's still awesome!), so I'll be making some checks before sending a query off to the Trip Planner.

If you notice any bugs or if you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me.
Comments:
How is the alarm feature supposed to work? It never seems to do anything for me. (I've tried both IE and firefox)
 
Hi dustin,

Here are the detailed steps:

To create an alarm, click on a "bus stop with estimates", and when the bubble pops up, you'll see a bunch of bus estimates and a "create alarm" link. Click on the "create alarm" link and a ">>" will appear next to each bus that in the estimates list. Click on the ">>" for the bus you want an alarm for, and you'll get a popup. Fill in the number of minutes notice you want, and the email address you want a message to be sent to (if any). That should do it! You should be notified both by the website (if you are still visiting the page) and by email (if you put in an email address).

Please let me know if it still does not work for you. Also, if you have suggestions for improvements to this process, let me know. Thanks!
 
Worked perfect now.... I just missed the ">>" link.

The first idea that comes to mind to improve the process would be to replace the ">>" text with the alarm clock graphic. But I'll keep thinking and I'll let you know if I can think of something that would be more transparent.
 
A great site ! Thank from a happy Seattle bus user and amazonian :)
 
This is amazing work! Out of curiousity, do you have any plans to have a Mobile version?
 
This is great!

Thank you for doing the community a great service.

I hope that this helps to enable more people to ride the bus.
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »
 
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »
 
best regards, nice info »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?